- EUROJOHNBBALL TALKS TO SEKOU SMITH HANG TIME ON NBA.COM EPISODE 172
- FIBA 2014 WORLD CUP PREVIEW - PREDICTIONS OF TOP 16 & EURO PLAYER VID
- NBA PLAYERS IN 2014 FIBA WORLD CUP & PLAYERS WITH NBA RIGHTS HELD
- LAST LOSS FOR TEAM USA NBA STARS VS GREECE 2006 WC SEMIS
- TEAM USA & COACH K SCOUTING IN 2006 LOSS - IT WAS ALL GREEK NUMBERS
- NATURALIZED CITIZEN RULE A JOKE - TEAMS MIGHT AS WELL GRAB DAMIAN LILLARD
- HOW CAN NATIONS STICK CHEST OUT IN VICTORY WHEN AMERICANS LEAD
- PLAYERS NEED HERITAGE TO A NATION - AT LEAST NICK CALATHES IS GREEK
- FIBA WORLD CUP - DAY FOUR RESULTS - SEPT. 2nd
- USA GO TO 3-0 ANTHONY DAVIS & KENNETH FARIED 36 PT 20 REB COMBINED
1. USA 98 New Zealand 71 - The defending 2010 FIBA WC champions win by 27 points to go 3-0 in Pool Group play, as the USA was led by their two big men Anthony Davis with 21 points in 22 minutes, on 7-13 FG, 7-10 FT and was followed by ENERGY forward Kenneth Faried with 15 points, 11 rebounds, on 7-9 FG, 1-1 FT, wing player James Harden added 13 points and NBA teammates Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson had 12 points apiece and Kyrie Irving 10 points in the USA win. New Zealand was outrebounded 44 to 28 in the loss, as they drop to 0-3 and were led by B.J Anthony with 11 points.
- SLOVENIA JOIN USA, SPAIN & GREECE WITH 3-0 RECORDS GORAN DRAGIC 22 PTS
2. Slovenia 89 South Korea 72 - The past NBA season saw Slovenian PG Goran Dragic get the usual DISRESPECT that most European players get, as he was not picked for the NBA All-Star game, but later made the All-NBA Third Team and today the PG led Slovenia to a 3-0 record, scoring 22 points in 25 minutes, on 10-14 FG, 2-4(3PT), 0-1 FT, 4 assists and was followed by SF Domen Lorbek with 14 points, while SG Zoran Dragic and Center Alen Omic added 13 points apiece in the win, along with 11 rebounds from Omic. South Korea drop to 0-3 and were led by Center Jong-Hyun Lee with 12 points.
- AUSTRALIA & LITHUANIA BOTH 2-1 JOE INGLES & ARON BAYNES 32 PT COMBINED
3. Australia 82 Lithuania 75 - Joe Ingles (18 PT) Renaldas Seibutis (21 PT)
- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC GO TO 2-1 & FINLAND DROP TO 1-2
4. Dominican Rep. 74 Finland 68 - Eloy Vargas (18 PT, 13 R) Petteri Koponen (23 PT)
- UKRAINE GO TO 2-1 & TURKEY DROP TO 1-2
5. Ukraine 64 Turkey 58 - Olexandr Mishula (19 PT) Omer Asik (16 PT, 20 R)
- MEXICO & ANGOLA BOTH GO 1-2 HECTOR HERNANDEZ 24 PTS 6-10 FROM 3 PT RANGE
6. Mexico 79 Angola 55 - Hector Hernandez (24 PT) Y Moreira, V Joaquim (13 PT)
- FIBA WORLD CUP - DAY THREE RESULTS - SEPT. 1st - TOP 5 PLAYS
- SPAIN GO TO 3-0 LED BY 34 YEAR OLD SKILLED BIG MAN PAU GASOL WITH 26 PTS
1. Spain 82 Brazil 63 - EJBB told the NBA.COM Hang Time Blog Podcast with Sekou Smith, that at age 34 their was no reason for Pau Gasol to play in the 2014 FIBA Cup, unless he was in this for a Gold medal and after a 33 point game in game one, Pau Gasol put up 26 points in 29 minutes, on 11-15 FG, making 3-5 from 3 point land, 1-2 FT, 9 rebounds, 3 blocked shots. For those that thought the 34 year old Spanish big man was too old and done, he scored his 26 points versus Tiago Splitter, NENE and Anderson Varejao, three NBA big men and with Pau Gasol on his game the EJBB prediction of a Gold medal game versus USA looks more like it will happen. Pau Gasol was followed by PG Sergio Rodriguez with 12 points, while Juan Carlos Navarro had 10 points from the SG spot and Marc Gasol added 8 points. Spain go to 3-0 and Brazil drop to 2-1 led by SG Leandro Barbosa with 11 points, while Anderson Varejao added 10 points.
- GREECE VS PHILIPPINES - 82-70 FULL GAME VIDEO - G. PRINTEZIS 25 PTS
- ANDERSON VAREJAO ELBOW TO NIKOS ZISIS 2006 WC JAPAN
- GREECE GO 3-0 NIKOS ZISIS & GIANNIS ANTETOKOUNMPO 34 PTS COMB.
2. Greece 90 Puerto Rico 79 - EUROJOHNBBALL heard others say that Greece was done as an international power, with none of the main players from the 2006 WC Silver medal team that beat team USA on this 2014 Greek roster. Gone are retired Theo Papaloukas, Dimitris Diamatidis (2010 his last NT) and Vassilis Spanoulis, who needed time off to recapture his KING of European basketball label again in the upcoming 2014-15 Euroleague season, but Greece still have Nikos Zisis on the 2014 team, that was on that 2006 squad, but was injured by a blow to the jaw by Anderson Varejao of Brazil. Nikos Zisis has come back strong from that 2006 game versus Brazil and today the 31 year old Greek combo-guard did what he does best, play both guard spots and stick the 3 point shot, as he led Greece with 19 points in 25 minutes, on 7-9 FG, 4-5 from 3 point land, 1-2 FT and he got help in the backcourt by Greek American NBA PG Nick Calathes with 14 points, while NBA SF Giannis Antetokounmpo added 15 points off the bench and Ioannis Bourousis played the center spot and had 12 points, 8 rebounds and 6 assists. Greece go to 3-0 and Puerto Rico drop to 0-3, as they were hurt by Carlos Arroyo being out with a sprained ankle, as Puerto Rico was led by former NBA SF Renaldo Balkman with 23 points and was followed by NBA PG J.J Barea with 21 points.
- SENEGAL HUGE UPSET VS CROATIA GORGUI DIENG 27 PTS BOTH TEAMS AT 2-1
3. Senegal 77 Croatia 75 - Gorgui Dieng (27 PT) Dario Saric, Bojan Bogdanovic (15 PT)
- Gorgui Dieng - Twolves - 27(PT)40(M)8-14(FG)11-12(FT)8(R)3(A)2(BK)4(TO)1(S)4(F)
- Dario Saric - 76ers - 15(PT)28(M)6-9(FG)0-2(3PT)3-3(FT)6(R)4(A)3(S)3(F)1(TO)
- Bojan Bogdanovic - Nets - 15(PT)31(M)5-14(FG)1-7(3PT)4-8(FT)3(R)1(A)3(F)2(TO)
- CROATIA GO AMERICAN PG - ONLY 7 MINUTES FOR MARIO HEZONJA VS SENEGAL
4. Serbia 83 Iran 70 - Nemanja Bjelica (18 PT, 10 R) Hamed Haddadi (29 PT)
5. Argentina 85 Philippines 81 - Luis Scola (19 PT) Randiel de Ocampo (15 PT)
6. France 94 Egypt 55 - Joffrey Lauvergne (12 PT) Ibrahim Elgammal (12 PT)
- FIBA WORLD CUP - DAY TWO RESULTS - AUG. 31st - TOP 5 PLAYS
- TURKEY UP 40-35 AT HALF BUT 28 TO's VS USA NBA STARS TOO MANY IN LOSS
1. USA 98 Turkey 77 - After a 59 point win versus Finland, team USA was confident going into game two versus Turkey, but the NBA stars were down 40-35 at the half, as the Turkish guards were not in a DAZE like the team from Finland that were down 60-18 at the half in game one. The Turkish guards play at a higher level of basketball in Europe, than the Finland team does, other than Petteri Koponen and it helped Turkey lead by five points over USA at the half, but the TO's were still high for Turkey and in the end the Turkish guards and the entire Turkish team got sloppy with the ball ending with 28 TO's versus USA in the 21 point loss and the TO's were almost the 31 total that Finland had. In the only loss that Coach K and his NBA stars ever had against Greece in 2006, the Greek PG's of Theo Papaloukas, Vassilis Spanoulis and Dimitris Diamantidis had 18 assists and only 3 TO's and the entire Greek squad only had 11 TO's in the 101-95 semis win and unless teams can slow the tempo down and not throw the ball away, then Spain is the only team that has 2006 Greek guard ability to beat this 2014 team USA in the Gold medal game, if Spain can get by a tougher teams in their bracket. USA only threw the ball away 12 times and were led by their bigs Kenneth Faried and his ENERGY with 22 points, on 11-14 FG in 28 minutes, 8 rebounds and Anthony Davis followed with 19 points, while DeMarcus Cousins added 11 points on the inside and Kyrie Irving led the perimeter with 13 points, Turkey was led by SF Cenk Akyol with 12 points and was followed by Sinan Guler, Oguz Savas and Emir Preldzic with 9 points apiece.
- CROATIA GO 2-0 K. SIMON 18 PTS LEADS BUT 33 SHOTS FROM 3 IS TOO MANY
2. Croatia 90 Argentina 85 - Krunoslav Simon (18 PT) Luis Scola (30 PT)
- 76ers - Dario Saric - 16(PT)25(M)5-12(FG)2-6(3PT)4-5(FT)9(R)1(A)4(F)1(TO)
- Nets - Bojan Bogdanovic - 16(PT)37(M)6-11(FG)3-6(3PT)1-2(FT)7(R)2(A)4(F)1(TO)
- HOME SQUAD SPAIN 2-0 SERGE IBAKA & RUDY FERNANDEZ 32 PT COMB.
3. Spain 91 Egypt 54 - Serge Ibaka (18 PT) Ibrahim Elgammal (16 PT)
4. Dominican Rep. 73 N. Zealand 63 - Francisco Garcia (29 PT) Thomas Abercrombie (22 PT)
5. Australia 89 Korea 55 - Joe Ingles (17 PT) Sunhyung Kim (13 PT)
6. France 74 Serbia 73 - Joffrey Lauvergne (19 PT) Miroslav Radulija (21 PT)
- DRAGIC BROTHERS (ZORAN & GORAN) 40 PTS COMB. SLOVENIA GO 2-0
7. Slovenia 89 Mexico 68 - Zoran Dragic (22 PT) Gustavo Ayon (23 PT)
8. Finland 81 Ukraine 76 - Shawn Huff (23 PT) Pooh Jeter (24 PT)
- BRAZIL GO 2-0 ALEX GARCIA & LEANDRO BARBOSA 23 PTS COMBINED
9. Brazil 79 Iran 50 - Alex Garcia (12 PT) M Jamsgidi (13 PT)
10. Senegal 82 Puerto Rico 75 - Mouhammad Faye (20 PT) Renaldo Balkman (21 PT)
- GREECE GO 2-0 GEORGIOS PRINTEZIS & IOANNIS BOUROUSIS 37 PT COMB.
11. Greece 82 Philippines 70 - Georgios Printezis (25 PT) Andray Blatche (21 PT, 14 R)
- LITHUANIA GO 2-0 D. MOTIEJUNAS & JONAS VALANCIUNAS 23 PTS COMB.
12. Lithuania 75 Angola 62 - Donatas Motiejunas (12 PT) E Mingas (15 PT)
- FIBA WORLD CUP - DAY ONE RESULTS - AUG. 30th
- USA PUTS ON A SHOW IN 59 POINT WIN VS FINLAND - 31 TO's BY FINLAND
1. USA 114 Finland 55 - The NBA stars on team USA must have heard the NBA.COM Hang Time Blog Podcast where John Dimopoulos @EUROJOHNBBALL picked Spain as the favorite to win the Gold medal on their home soil versus USA in the title game on September 14th, because team USA was on a mission to shut up John Dimopoulos and any other guys that have BBALL sites picking against this younger version of team USA. Yes team USA was looking real good in this 59 point win, but the team from Finland must not of heard that same Podcast, where John Dimopoulos said the only way teams have a shot at beating the NBA stars of USA, was to keep the TO's down like the Greek PG's did in the last loss for USA in 2006, when Papaloukas, Spanoulis and Diamantidis had 18 assists and only 3 TO's. Finland looked like a boxer going into a match getting ready to fight a young Mike Tyson, already defeated like most of the Tyson opponents in the 1980's, as Finland threw the ball away 31 times and the highlight show of team USA was on. John Dimopoulos also said that Spain has the guards that can play like the 2006 Greek team guards and USA will probably not be tested until the knockout round. Klay Thompson led USA with 18 points and Anthony Davis followed with 17 points, with the only flaw to the USA game versus Finland being the 6-18 night from 3 point land. Finland was led by Peterri Koponen and Shawn Huff with 12 points apiece.
2. Spain 90 Iran 60 - @EUROJOHNBBALL & John Dimopoulos said in the Sekou Smith Podcast that their was no reason for Pau Gasol to play in this FIBA World Cup, if he was not confident he would win the Gold medal with Spain and in game one today, Pau Gasol showed why he is still the most skilled Center in the world scoring 33 points in 29 minutes, on 12-20 FG, 9-10 FT, 8 rebounds, 3 blocked shots in a 30 point win versus Iran. Pau got help from his brother Marc Gasol with 15 points, 10 rebounds, while Rudy Fernandez added 12 points and Juan Carlos Navarro had 10 points. Serge Ibaka did not play because of a tight hamstring and Iran was led by PG Mahdi Kamrani with 18 points, while Center Hamed Haddadi added 16 points, 15 rebounds.
3. Greece 87 Senegal 64 - Kostas Kaimakoglou (20 PT) Gorgui Dieng (21 PT, 14 R)
4. Lithuania 87 Mexico 74 - Jonas Maciulis (19 PT) Francisco Cruz (21 PT)
5. Argentina 98 Puerto Rico 75 - Luis Scola (20 PT) J.J Barea (24 PT)
6. Croatia 81 Philippines 78 OT - Bojan Bogdanovic (26 PT) Andray Blatche (28 PT, 12 R)
7. Slovenia 90 Australia 80 - Goran Dragic (21 PT) Aron Baynes (21 PT)
8. Brazil 65 France 63 - Marcelinho Huertas (16 PT) Boris Diaw (15 PT)
9. Serbia 85 Egypt 64 - Milos Teodosic (15 PT) I Elgammal (12 PT)
10. Angola 80 Korea 69 - O Cipriano, Y Moreira (16 PT) S Kim (15 PT)
11. Turkey 76 New Zealand 73 - Oguz Savas (15 PT) Corey Webster (22 PT)
12. Ukraine 72 Dominican Rep. 62 - Pooh Jeter (16 PT) Francisco Garcia (18 PT)